Add to List
27 Nov 2023
Last Full Update:
23 Aug 2023
|Address & Map
11 Victoria St, Unit 214
Canada L4N 6T3
|Lakeshore Dr and Victoria St
|Provide support and equal access to information, education, resources and services from within the community promoting healthy independent living. Services can be provided in person, virtually or a combination of both.
Personalized support may include:
Community Support Services staff are fluent in American Sign Language, English and French, and work alongside individuals who identify as culturally deaf, oral deaf, deafened and hard-of-hearing, as well as those using an alternative to spoken communication, in their preferred language or mode of communication (speech reading, sign supported speech, text, AAC)
- LITERACY support, including filling out forms and applications
- Short-term COUNSELLING, crisis intervention and referrals
- COORDINATION of complex services
- Providing an ACCESSIBLE LINK to local community resources
- ADVOCACY for individuals and accessibility education to community
- Specialized PROGRAMMING FOR CHILDREN with hearing loss of all ages, and their families living in Simcoe County and Muskoka
- Inclusive in-person and online groups, educational WORKSHOPS and events
- COMMUNICATION strategies for individuals with hearing loss and the community at large
- RESOURCES and information relating to hearing loss implications, technical devices, language and culture
- Specialized support and wellness visits to SENIORS (virtual and in-person visits)
|(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity
|Office: Mon-Fri 9 am-1 pm, service hours vary
|Muskoka District ; Simcoe County
|Supporting individuals with all degrees of hearing loss or other barriers to using spoken language.
|Contact office for more information, no referral required
|American Sign Language (ASL) - Reception, Interpretation, Programs; English; French - Website; Programs
|None. Nominal fees may apply to some events.
Every effort is made to ensure that the information in this directory is accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive. However, Information Barrie cannot assume liability resulting from errors or omissions. Inclusion or omission of a program or service is not a comment on its quality.