Coaching various track and field events: i.e. sprint/hurdles; mid-distance, jumps
Offers a full range of volunteer opportunities including supporting and leading program activities for Members, Gilda's Greeters, Clubhouse-based volunteers for activities, general clubhouse support, Program support, helping with fundraising, special events, and outreach.
Youth volunteers are needed and opportunities are available after school hours and on weekends. Contact the volunteer coordinator for more info.
- To volunteer, contact Cara Dyke, Volunteer Coordinator Volunteer at Gilda's Club
Become a member of our volunteer team interested in supporting the vision and mission of Dress for Success. Make a difference and ensure that there is both awareness and funds available to helping disadvantage women return to work.
Two sites: Camphill Nottawasaga, near Angus and Camphill Sophia Creek in Barrie.
Camphill Sophia Creek (Barrie)
- work in the mosaic studio
- help with meal preparation in the Cafe
- assist with recreational activities, music sessions and cultural outings, Bingo events and other special events such as Fall Fairs
Camphill Nottawasaga (Angus)
- help with programs in woodworking, pottery, candlemaking, and bakery/meal preparation
- can be involved in maple syrup production, working in the vegetable gardens and caring for livestock (Highland cows horses and goats)
Both locations need volunteers to help with set-up, cash management and take-down at our Farmers Markets
* Assist in promoting the programs and services of the Society to the attendees of the Health Fair.
* Provide basic information about Alzheimer's disease.
* Direct people to appropriate community support services.
* Pick up display and brochures at the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Set up the display as per the Procedures listed in the Health Fair Resource Manual.
* Answer general questions and distribute information about the programs and services of the Society.
* Refer individuals to appropriate community support services.
* Take down the display, pack up the brochures and return the display and brochures to the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Complete the Evaluation Form located in the Health Fair Resource Manual
The Gilbert Centre's volunteer program is on hold due to COVID-19 until further notice. Volunteers assist with:
- Special events (World AIDS Day, Fundraisers, Annual campaigns)
- Harm Reduction
- Board of Directors
Various Volunteer opportunities to include special events, garden, pottery, fairs ,cafe, mosaic studio
various land work and vegetable gardening.
Police records check and a reference will be required.
Across the country, the Gutsy Walk is made possible due to the time and talents shared by thousands of volunteers in their communities. With a collective goal to deliver our mission of finding a cure for Crohn's and colitis, we are greatly appreciative and thankful for our volunteers who have continuously led the Gutsy Walk to success each year.
As a Gutsy Walk Planning Committee Member, you’ll be working closely with a team of other volunteers to plan and promote your local Gutsy Walk. Your efforts in connecting and engaging your community—whatever your volunteer role with Gutsy Walk—will make a big impact in raising awareness about IBD and finding cures.
In particular, we’re looking for volunteers to support their local Gutsy Walk in the following ways:
- Community Outreach –inspire people to sign up and participate in the local Gutsy Walk
- Media Relations –connect with local media outlets to promote the Gutsy Walk
- Social Media –raise awareness about IBD and the Gutsy Walk through social media
- Fundraising –organize exciting fundraisers in your community
- Corporate Sponsorship –engage with local businesses to promote donations of sponsorship and gifts in kind
- Stewardship –build relationships with Gutsy Walk participants and encourage engagement
- Welcome donors to hospitality area of clinic
- offer refreshments
- give information and updates to donors
- answer questions, thank donors and give milestone donor recognition items
- observe donors and watch for adverse reactions
- keep hospitality area in good order
The WALK to End ALS is a fun, family friendly event that occurs across the country in more than 90 WALK locations across Canada. Join thousands of Canadians in the fight against ALS. Every dollar you raise as a walker goes to provide equipment, support services, education for the ALS Community, and fund research to find a cure.
There are a variety of volunteer positions available during this event, please contact the Community Lead for more details.
Special Events Volunteers ensure the effective implementation of Special Events Initiatives within the area. Duties include: promoting events, liaising with all community partners, recruit new groups and organizations to carry out activities, locating sponsors, etc.
Bridget’s Run is an annual 1km/5km fun run/walk in recognition of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month and in support of Bridget's Bunnies and our community partners. Bridget’s Run takes place each year on the Saturday following Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day (October 15th).
We are looking for volunteers to join our sponsorship committee to engage and connect with past and potential sponsors to help us reach our fundraising goal for our 2022 Bridget’s Run.
If you’re the type of person that loves connecting with people, you’re driven by results, and know how to get someone motivated this is the perfect volunteer opportunity for you! This committee is integral to the continued improvement and growth of the impact Bridget’s Bunnies is creating in the community.
Does this make you squeamish? Don’t worry, there are also lots of responsibilities behind the scenes that don’t require connecting with business owners!
> acquiring local monetary and in-kind sponsorship,
recruiting and building relationships with new sponsors
> ensuring sponsor obligations are fulfilled
> ensuring sponsors feel a sense of partnership with Bridget's Bunnies
> Check in with and re-engage with sponsorship leads on a regular basis
> Track and update all sponsorship requests
> Respond to questions about the run
> Have conversations, learn about our sponsors, and leave them with an amazing experience so they feel seen and appreciated
> Pitch downsell/upgrade packages as appropriate
Ultimately we will train you on the details of what we do here at Bridget’s Bunnies, but you’ll already be equipped with a positive attitude and a true passion for supporting families!
What it looks like to volunteer with us:
Your volunteer commitment is flexible and will be tailored to match the commitment that you are personally able to provide to the sponsorship committee. Volunteers are required to attend regular committee meetings (held virtually) every 3-4 weeks in addition to the time required to fulfill agreed upon commitments.
* taking tickets,
* distributing programs
* responding to questions in reference to what is playing, history of orchestra
* be available from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm on day of Concert
* helping with beverages at break time
* cleaning and or setting up for the concert
* re directing people to the appropriate doors for ticket purchases
* amongst other duties as assigned by the volunteer coordinator
Looking for dedicated enthusiastic people that enjoy the natural environment of our camp.
Matheson Creek Camp Volunteers can be involved in various activities including :
- General Labour
- Trail maintenance
- Teamwork Days at camp for special projects/events
- Wood cutting & splitting for sites
- Site maintenance
- Fund Raising activities
- Marketing assistance
- Working at Bingo as a volunteer 2 hours per month
- Grass cutting with provided equipment
- Constuction Projects
- Site spring Cleaning and fall closing activities
- Board Member volunteer positions
- Students requiring volunteer hours for school welcome