15 Feb 2024
Last Full Update:
13 Feb 2024
|Address & Map
|Olive St and Elizabeth St
|339 Olive St
Canada L4R 2R4
|Offers the following supports:
CLH DSS is the host agency for the Community Networks of Specialized Care - Central East (CNSC - CE). The CNSC - CE provides coordination and linkages to supports for adults with a developmental disability and high support and complex care needs (HSCCN) in Simcoe, York, Durham, Haliburton, Kawartha and Pine Ridge.
- Children's Developmental Support Services, (CDSS) - Provides support for infants, toddlers, and children up to the age of 12 who have a developmental support need or is at risk for and who attend a licensed childcare programs. CDSS consists of the Simcoe County Resource Consultation Services, Ontario Autism Programs, and the Quality Inclusive Support Services. Offices are located across the Simcoe County, including Collingwood, Alliston, Bradford, Barrie, Orillia, and Midland. Service is Free of Charge and is funded by the County of Simcoe.
- Supported Living Home (SLH) - Supports over 90 adults in 20 supported living home settings including Penetanguishene, Midland, Port McNicoll, Waubaushene, and Victoria Harbour. In addition offers supports in the Family Home Program to people in the Supported Independent Living Program. The type of support an individual requires depends upon their specific needs.
- Supported Independent Living (SIL) - services are offered to people who are living independently in the community . SIL Support Staff are available to offer support in budgeting, shopping, meal preparation, medical appointments and community participation, based on the identified needs of the person supported. The hours of staff support fluctuate based on the needs of the individual.
- Supported Employment Programs (SEP) - assists individuals 18 years of age and over explore/obtain and/or maintain employment opportunities. Employment Specialist staff work directly with the individual and the potential employer to ensure mutual satisfaction. Connects potential employers with suitable employees.
- Community Participation Supports (CPS) - provides individuals with a broad range of social and recreational opportunities in and around their local community. Weekly social, recreation events are shared with all individuals participating in the CPS program. Individuals are given a schedule of options to choose from (virtual and in-person) to meet their individual preference. CPS services focuses on including and supporting everyone to experience social and recreational activities in order to enhance skills, build new friendships and stay active.
- Transitional Aged Youth (TAY) Program - provides support to young people with support needs between the ages of 16 to 21 in their school to adult life transition. The TAY co-ordinator acts as a support/resource to the teen, family, school and community agencies. The young adult's interests are explored, skills and abilities are assessed and plans are made through the Person Directed Planning model to assist in meeting goals for the future. Supports and resources are put into place based on individual preferences and interests.
|Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm
|Call or email for information
|French - Programs, Publications on request
|Call for information
Every effort is made to ensure that the information in this directory is accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive. However, Information Barrie cannot assume liability resulting from errors or omissions. Inclusion or omission of a program or service is not a comment on its quality.