You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Program Coordination / Support
There are 14 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Coaching various track and field events: i.e. sprint/hurdles; mid-distance, jumps
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that UWSM community investment goals and priority areas are taken into consideration in all grant- making processes
2. Review application forms and documents’; prepare additional interview questions (if required) to ensure applications meet criteria including:
• Agency capacity to deliver the program
• Program alignment to agency’s mission
• Evidence and need for the program
• Adaptability and client centered
• Alignment to focus area and investment priorities
• Target population and clients serviced
• Impact of the program on clients
• Intended outcomes of the program
3. Conduct Interviews where warranted as part of the application review process with support from UWSM staff.
4. Complete review, assessments and scoring of applications.
5. As a council, form recommendations to the UWSM Community Investment & Engagement Steering Committee on which funding allocations will create a strong network of supports exhibiting diversity in geography, populations served and range of programs/interventions or services. All recommendations are then presented to the United Way Board of Directors for final approval.
6. To provide a safe and confidential environment for sharing information.
7. Ensure a fair, transparent, equitable funds allocation process.
8. Support United Way in our growth and development
9. Provide feedback and recommendations to UWSM on capacity building, advocacy and collaboration
10. Review Annual Reports from funded agencies to inform United Way of accomplishments and gather data on clients impacted by the program, ensure agency accountability and understand circumstances that may influence program impact, making recommendations for support if needed.
Volunteers can assist with a variety of programs and activities including:
- One-on-One Friendly Visiting
- Holiday Celebrations and Special Events
- Card playing, Bingo and other games
- Hairdressing & Wellness Assistance
- Escorting Residents to in house appointments
- Dining Assistance
Volunteer duties vary depending on the placement and will be discussed prior to an interview
Two sites: Camphill Nottawasaga, near Angus and Camphill Sophia Creek in Barrie.
Camphill Sophia Creek (Barrie)
- work in the mosaic studio
- help with meal preparation in the Cafe
- assist with recreational activities, music sessions and cultural outings, Bingo events and other special events such as Fall Fairs
Camphill Nottawasaga (Angus)
- help with programs in woodworking, pottery, candlemaking, and bakery/meal preparation
- can be involved in maple syrup production, working in the vegetable gardens and caring for livestock (Highland cows horses and goats)
Both locations need volunteers to help with set-up, cash management and take-down at our Farmers Markets
The program goal is for members to develop leadership skills by representing the Barrie Public Library at their schools, in library programs, and at community events. Students will:
- Develop effective communication skills by representing the Barrie Public Library at teen-related outreach events.
- Achieve common goals by assisting in the planning and delivery of teen-related programs and special events.
- Earn volunteer hours by participating in empowering opportunities that develop leadership skills.
- Attend two hour monthly meetings on a regular basis
All members will share the duties of leading the group meetings and recording the meeting notes and action items. Other group members will share the duties of taking attendance, reviewing the previous meeting notes and following up on the action items.
Volunteer hours will be provided to each BPL LIT member for every meeting or activity attended.
Various opportunities available such as board member, warehouse roles, client intake and cart preparation. Click here to see details and to sign up: https://www.barriefoodbank.org/get-involved/
* Assist in promoting the programs and services of the Society to the attendees of the Health Fair.
* Provide basic information about Alzheimer's disease.
* Direct people to appropriate community support services.
* Pick up display and brochures at the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Set up the display as per the Procedures listed in the Health Fair Resource Manual.
* Answer general questions and distribute information about the programs and services of the Society.
* Refer individuals to appropriate community support services.
* Take down the display, pack up the brochures and return the display and brochures to the Society offices or an agreed to location.
* Complete the Evaluation Form located in the Health Fair Resource Manual
Seeking an individual with a passion for Deep Listening with leadership skills and administrative competence. Work with a Steering Committee with regularly scheduled meetings, create opportunities for sustainability and growth, nurture relationships with volunteers, donors, community partners, mantain financials, resource development, Deep Listening training, fundraising and social media content.
- Help our youth foster a lifelong love for the game
- Recreational and competitive opportunities available
- Welcome donors to hospitality area of clinic
- offer refreshments
- give information and updates to donors
- answer questions, thank donors and give milestone donor recognition items
- observe donors and watch for adverse reactions
- keep hospitality area in good order
Assist with participant pre-evaluations and assessments
Help with the set up and clean up of refreshments, games and activities
Assist Minds in Motion Coordinator to ensure activity participation and socialization
Under direction of the Physical Activity Program Leader, provide one-on-one support to participants during physical activity component of the program
Assist with any other required task
Complete a post evaluation form
- Maintain a heartfelt connection and engagement with Listening Post values and mission in the community
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings
- Create opportunities for sustainability and growth
- Nuture a relationship with volunteers, community partners, supporters and with the people we listen to
- Document and fairly report personal Steering Committee volunteer hours
- Continue efforts in the direction of financial stability, community outreach, engagement and resource development, donor relations, organization sustainability, succession planning and pertnership development, volunteer support and development and provide efforts in the direction of the Listening Post goal and vision