You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Youth Services
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Run a 7 week program within the elementary schools for kids in grade 6,7 and/or 8. The program focuses on core themes including; body image, self-esteem, healthy eating/activity and building healthy relationship. Volunteers are responsible for a group of 4-8 kids. Its once a week for 90 minutes and its a 7-week program. They run during the school day 9-3pm, Monday-Friday from September-June. Volunteer can run multiple groups during the school year. Location of the program is Barrie, Innisfil, Angus, Baxter and Minesing.
The program goal is for members to develop leadership skills by representing the Barrie Public Library at their schools, in library programs, and at community events. Students will:
- Develop effective communication skills by representing the Barrie Public Library at teen-related outreach events.
- Achieve common goals by assisting in the planning and delivery of teen-related programs and special events.
- Earn volunteer hours by participating in empowering opportunities that develop leadership skills.
- Attend two hour monthly meetings on a regular basis
All members will share the duties of leading the group meetings and recording the meeting notes and action items. Other group members will share the duties of taking attendance, reviewing the previous meeting notes and following up on the action items.
Volunteer hours will be provided to each BPL LIT member for every meeting or activity attended.
Volunteer as a camp counselor at one of our two sleepover sites in Waterford (Rainbow Lake) or Rosseau (Muskoka) or day camp in Toronto or Ottawa.
Youth Justice Committee's (YJC) bring together youth 12-17 who have been involved in the criminal justice system, their parent(s), and trained members of the community. In this role:
* you would attend YJC meetings to determine appropriate and meaningful ways for the youth to make amends for their actions.
* ensure that the youth is aware of the purpose of the meeting, and discuss police report information.
* explore perspectives of all parties, including the youth and others represented at t he meeting, such as community members, community agency representatives, and the parent(s).
* present and agree upon appropriate sanctions for the youth.
* provide information and referrals to supportive community agency programs.
* respect the confidentiality of the youth and other YJC members.
This is a one day volunteer event on Sunday, May 7, 2023. Volunteers will be needed for approximately 8 hours on the day of the event. A 1 hour mandatory training session before the event will also be required. Please see below the available volunteer roles.
Logistics Volunteer: Working alongside Kids Help Phone staff, this role will ensure all site logistics are in place and ready to go. This will include helping with set up and tear down. People helping in this role will still be able to do the Walk if they choose to do so.
Event Experience Volunteer: Monitor checkpoints along the route and the start and finish line; cheering, entertaining, motivating and providing assistance for Walkers. People helping in this role will not be able to do the Walk.
Food & Beverage Volunteer: Organize onsite food and beverage distribution and ensure all health and safety protocols are being followed. These volunteers will be required to wear gloves and masks when handling food. People helping in this role will not be able to do the Walk.
Guest Services Volunteer: This role is a key function at a Walk site. You will collect fundraising monies, review pledge form information, and answer general questions. You will be required to attend a 30-minute training session 3-4 days before the Walk. People helping in this role will still be able to do the Walk if they choose to do so.
Various volunteer opportunities, including ushering, bingo, set up and tear down of sets, data entry, assist with administrative duties and assisting with inventory of costumes and props. There are also opportunities to help with one time special events.