You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Recreation & Sports
There are 10 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Coaching various track and field events: i.e. sprint/hurdles; mid-distance, jumps
Volunteers will lead a gentle functional fitness program designed for community members aged 55+.
- The purpose of the program is to:
- Increase and maintain strength, coordination, balance and flexibility
- Improve health and energy
- Improve mobility and independence
- Prevent falls and decrease falls risk
- Meet new people and socialize
Whether you’re an individual, community group, or group of friends, Easter Seals is seeking energetic and dedicated people to join our team of volunteers! In partnership with the Barrie Colts, Easter Seals will be partaking in the 50/50 ticket draw program for all the Barrie Colts home games in 2023-2024
* Volunteers will work 4 hours per shift, arriving 1.5 hours in advance of game time at the Sadlon Arena
* You will help sell tickets until end of second period.
* Once the selling is finished, all volunteers are able to watch the remainder of the game in a designated area.
Volunteer as a camp counselor at one of our two sleepover sites in Waterford (Rainbow Lake) or Rosseau (Muskoka) or day camp in Toronto or Ottawa.
Volunteers act as coaches in weekly sport training sessions, working with athletes with an intellectual disability in a variety of sports. Other positions include administrative roles on community council (fundraising, secretary, public relations, etc.). If we host competitions, day-of event volunteers are also required. SOO-Barrie offers 14 Olympic-type sports.
Assistance with resident In-house appointments
- Help our youth foster a lifelong love for the game
- Recreational and competitive opportunities available
- Help Set up the area according to event, ie. Tables and chairs, or just chairs.
- Decorate room according to the event Ask staff what can be done.
- Knock on each resident’s door and invite them to the program.
- Help bring residents to area
- Help if needed for resident drinks and or snacks
- Support resident(s) to designated area. Take attendance and give to program staff.
- Help clean up area and place tables and chairs back to how was before
All ages and experience levels welcomed. Main activities:
- Walking, lots of walking in indoor 60'x120' (20x40m) arena or outdoor (30 x 70m) or wooded trails...up to 2kms/hour
- Grooming and getting horses ready, we will train on this
- Leading or walking with a horse with rider onboard, we will train for this
- Working with riders on the autism spectrum or with a physical disability
- Mostly early evening hours; some daytime hours may be available
- 2 hour commitment