You performed a search for: Organization: Barrie Public Library
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
The program goal is for members to develop leadership skills by representing the Barrie Public Library at their schools, in library programs, and at community events. Students will:
- Develop effective communication skills by representing the Barrie Public Library at teen-related outreach events.
- Achieve common goals by assisting in the planning and delivery of teen-related programs and special events.
- Earn volunteer hours by participating in empowering opportunities that develop leadership skills.
- Attend two hour monthly meetings on a regular basis
All members will share the duties of leading the group meetings and recording the meeting notes and action items. Other group members will share the duties of taking attendance, reviewing the previous meeting notes and following up on the action items.
Volunteer hours will be provided to each BPL LIT member for every meeting or activity attended.
Café volunteers assist with the operation of the Café by providing staffing and services. Responsibilities include:
- Serve customers of the Café
- Perform opening and closing procedures as required
- Record sales using a cash register, handle cash and maintain records
- Refill condiment containers and supplies as needed
- Conduct inventory and indicate need for replacement as needed
- Keep café area clean and clear of debris
- Tidy and restock books/DVD's/Cd's as necessary
Play, Learn, Grow is an opportunity for pre-school children to try out some STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) based learning.
We are in search of volunteers who can support the Monday morning programs at our Painswick or Holly Branchs, the Tuesday morning program at our Downtown Branch or our Friday morning program at our Holly Branch
Volunteers will enjoy interacting with children and their families at various activity stations throughout the library spaces.